Tips and Hints
What are the Symptoms of Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis?
Symptoms can include:
- a tingling sensation in the mouth
- swelling of the tongue and throat
- hives and swelling
- abdominal cramps
- difficulty breathing
- drop in blood pressure
- loss of consciousness
- and (very rarely) death
Managing Food Allergies in the School Setting by FARE and other resources.
Allergy presentations by the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
Allergy Ready.com - an online course designed to help teachers, administrators and other school personnel prevent and manage potentially life-threatening allergic reactions.
Visit our blog at: http://foodallergywisconsin.blogspot.com/
A bi-monthly magazine. New - a US version is now available.
A magazine published four times a year.
Wisconsin State Statutes
Wisconsin State Statutes
- Asthmatic pupils; possession and use of inhalers - Statute 118.291. Possession and use of epinephrine auto-inhectos - Statute 118.292.
Type in the number in the search box.
Food Allergy Actio Plan By FARE
Asthma Action Plan by the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
Asthma Action Plan by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - National Institutes of Health
Asthma Action Plan by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Speakers Bureau Committee
This committee aims to address the growing concerns of safe management of food allergies in our schools. This committee prepares educational seminars to support teachers and other staff in learning how to prevent food allergy reactions, and recognize and treat them should they occur. Please contact Sheree’ Godwin at email@example.com
to join this committee or to book a presentation for your organization.
Manufacturer of Auto Injector Pouches and EpiPen Holders and other aides for anaphylaxis sufferers worldwide. See more holders below.
Beyond A Peanut (Flash Cards)
Flashcards to teach children with peanut and tree nut allergies and those individuals caring for them now to stay safe. Can be used in the schools or at home. Other products also available at this site.
Discount School Supply
- Great resource for allergen-free paints, glue, crayons, paint, and other craft materials.
EpiPen and Inhaler Carriers
- See a list of links to a variety of carriers at FAAW's Blog.
Food Allergies For Dummies (Book)
Food Allergies For Dummies is a practical guide to diagnosing food allergies, preventing reactions, and administering effective emergency care in the event of a severe food allergy reaction. World renowned food allergist Dr. Robert A. Wood, Professor of Pediatrics and Chief of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, has lived with his own peanut allergy his entire life. He now treats thousands of food allergy patients annually and guides parents, school administrators, and others in the proper management of food allergies.
Food and Travel Translation Cards by Select Wisely
- For communicating food allergies and other health conditions in many languages.
Food Chef Cards
- Download a FAAW Chef card to inform restaurant staff about your food allergies. For a list of other Chef cards see FAAW's Blog.
Label It or Lose It
Personalized allergy labels custom printed with the person's name and allergies. Safe for dishwasher and microwave use. Pace an order and use the code FAAW for a 10% discount.
Medical Alert Bracelets, KidSmart Program, Necklaces, and ID Cards. See Food Allergy Initiative (FAI) for FREE enrollment for families in need at Food Allergy Initiative and MedicAlert Program
Add style, comfort and value to airline travel! PlaneSheets™ are an innovative and practical way to personalize your travel space. These cozy, machine-washable fabric seat covers fit securely over the headrest, allowing easy seat belt access. Great designer prints and plush fabrics to choose from. For the traveler wishing to simplify, PlaneSheets™ also offers an inexpensive, recyclable product that may either be disposed of after the flight or washed and reused, if desired. Add flair to flying with PlaneSheets™ Great for those with food allergies.
Stuck On You - Labels That Stay Stuck
- Personalized labels, name dots, clothing transfers, bag tags, etc. Use the FAAW affiliate fundraiser site.
Food Product Vendors
- Diary-free, peanut-free, nut-free, and egg-free sweat treats and snacks.
Dr. Lucy's Cookies
- Allergen friendly cookies.
Enjoy Life Foods
- Allergen-free cookies, cereals, snacks bars, baking chips, etc.
Gimbal's Fine Candies
- Allergen-free jelly beans and other candies. See Allergen Information.
Ian's Natural Foods®
- Breakfest, main entrees, snacks, and fries.
Meraby's Allergy Family Foods
- Muffin and pancake mixes for the food allergic and vegan.
Peanut Free Planet
- Purchase peanut free and tree nut free items.
Redmond's Peanut Free Facility & Foods
- Almond Butter
- Home of Dum Dums, Candy Canes, and other candy. See Allergen Information.
Vermont Nut Free Chocolates®
- Peanut and nut free chocolate and snack products.
Other Organizations and Support Groups